If you usually watch YouTube videos to learn new manicure techs and get self-manicure inspirations, you've must heard of lazy girl method. Just as the name indicates, it is a super easy method that even a polygel beginner can make perfect polygel nails with it.
Haven't heard of it yet? No worry, let's learn this method step by step together!
What's the difference between regular polygel application method with lazy girl method?
The word "lazy" refers to little filing in this method. The main difference between these two methods is instead of using dual form, lazy girl method uses regular false nail tips as the container of polygel and not taking them off after curing.
The most significant advantage of this method is that you don't need much filing to get a perfect shape. What's more, it will add more strength with both polygel and nail tips.
Now let's see how to make it.
How to apply polygel with lazy girl method?
1. Prep your nail with basic cuticle removal, nail shaping and filing shine off.
2. Apply a thin layer of base coat on your nails and cure it for 30 seconds.
3. Choose 10 nail tips that fit each of your nail. Remember that the tips need to be a little bigger than your natural nail.
4. File the inner surface of the cuticle side of the tips to make it adhere better with polygel. (You can skip this step but this will help your nails stay longer.)
5. Put some base coat in the tips and cure it for about 10 seconds. (Some people don't put base coat before putting polygel, but if you want to add some glitters, base coat is necessary to make the glitters adhere to the nail tip.)
Holding a small nail tip and applying polygel with it can be very inconvenient, especially when you have long nails. A nail tip holder will solve this problem easily. You can get one if you do your nails frequently.
6. Squeeze suitable amount of polygel into the nail tip and use a brush with slip solution to press the polygel and make it fulfill the whole tip. ( You can use 75% alcohol instead if you don't have a slip solution, but it usually should come with the polygel kit. Remember not to make the polygel too thick, or it will leak out from the sides when you put them on your nails.)
7. Put it on your nail and press with some pressure. If there's any leaking polygel, use slip solution to brush them off.
8. Cure it for about 60 seconds. (You'd better use the nail clip to hold it, in case of moving or having air bubbles in it.)
9. File the cuticle side to make the edge of the nail tip disappear and make polygel connecting with your real nail naturally.
10. Apply a layer of top coat on it and cure for 30 seconds. (You can add some gel polish or rhinestones before top coat depending on your own design.)
Repeat these steps for the rest of your nails, then you've completed your lazy girl polygel design!
Isn't it easy? There are nearly no filing needed! That's the perfect method for girls who are not good at filing and shaping. Totally beginner friendly.
Are you keeping failing with the normal application method? Try again with this lazy girl method now! Trust me, you will definitely success and fall in love with it! Polygel application never feels so easy!
Here's our new amazing colors of polygel kit. Get one to do your nails easily at home and say goodbye to nail salons right away!
Check how to remove polygel from this blog: Three Effective Ways to Remove Polygel Nails at Home