What is a cat eye gel polish?
A new nail trend, nicknamed "cat eye nails," sexy and charming, amazingly changing color from different viewing angles, is getting more and more popular.
Compared with normal gel polish, cat eye gel polish seems more complex and mysterious, all because of the magnet powder added in it.
When putting the magnet stick over the nail, these magnet powder will be drawn together and forming a metallic stripe, just looks like the cat eye stone, so it is called cat eye nails.
How to apply the cat eye gel polish at home?
Although it seems complicated, it is not that difficult to do it by yourself at home.
Let’s learning together.
1. Remove the cuticle, trim the edge and buffer your nails.
2. Clean the surface of your nail to keep it clean and dry.
3. Apply a layer of base coat, which can make polish lasting longer, cure with LED or UV lamp. (UV lamp for 1 min, LED lamp for 30 seconds).
4. Apply the base color to your nails and cure it.
5. Apply the cat eye gel polish and immediately hold the magnet stick close to the nail 1 cm tall for at least 10 seconds to appear a cat eye line.
Notice: The closer the distance, the more obvious the effect ( but keep the stick away from the polish). The overall effect is decided on the line of the magnet stick and the direction you put it.
6. Cure it when you’re satisfied with the effect.
7. Finish with a layer of top coat and cure it.
8. Wipe your nails with rubbing alcohol to remove the floating glue.
Now, you’ve finished your own cat eye nail design.
Different cat eye nail design.
Before you start, you must determine the theme color of the nails. Professionals have encouraged to give preference to dark varnishes, because the cat eye effect will be seemed more obviously on dark bases. Colors like black, dark purple and green are preferred.
However, light pink and yellow is also popular because these color make you look gentle and sweet.
Here are some special cat eye nail design to give you inspiration.
1. Dark green cat eye nails and green dots on black nails Image source
2. Gray cat eye nails with white flowers
3. Purple cat eye nails and glitter nails
4. Light pink cat eye nails with small dried flowers.
5. Black galaxy style cat eye nail.
Shop our various cat eye gel polish to get your own sexy and charming nail design!